Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Solace

I'm beginning to feel the roller coaster effect of medical school. I'll be flying high and feeling amazing one minute, and then drowning in an existential crisis the next. Okay, maybe not that dramatic, but my overall mood has been all over the place the last few days. 

However, the one place I feel really great? Anatomy lab. In class, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Biochemistry has almost made me cry, again. Anatomy class is very scattered and fast paced, and physiology is confusingly arranged. However, in Anatomy lab, I feel like I actually know what I'm doing. I remember information from both undergrad and that morning's class, and can participate in a highly functional dialogue between my classmates. When I have questions, I know enough to still sound smart. When others have questions, I'm usually able to answer them. 

Another solace? My new tea kettle. I can't wait for fall weather to get here, because you can be sure there will be days I'll live-stream classes at home so I can sit in my PJ's and enjoy the coziness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment