Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Almost!

Sorry that I haven't been really communicative on this blog the past few...months. Medical school has been really, really insane. So, some quick updates:

I am 9 days away from completing my first semester of medical school. It's been kind of crazy looking back at all the notes I've taken over the semester because even though I have learned A LOT, I still don't feel like I know anything.

What I can do: CPR. Ask you about your feelings and how your medical condition is affecting your life. Pretend to listen to things with my stethoscope. Look professional in my white coat. Diagnosis shingles (and that was mainly by accident).

Oh yeah! I bought all of my medical equipment! I now have a super cool stethoscope and diagnostic set, plus a bunch of other goodies I really haven't gotten to play with yet. I'll actually learn how to use them next semester.

I was elected to student council!

I was also elected to the Surgical Interest Group e-board!




I took a tour of Aeromed.













I rocked out my IPPR art project about the doctor-patient relationship.


















I also drank copious amounts of tea.












So there you have it. In 9 days, I will be 1/8th of a doctor. Now I just have to pass all of my finals...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment